Why do we need consume a lot of protein every day and why is that macronutrient such famous among all Athletes? Why are all Bodybuilders and Athletes obsessed with Protein intake?
- We need Protein to Build and Repair Muscle
- To prevent Fat storage
- For Strength and to be more Healthy
A deficiency of protein leads to muscle atrophy (losing muscle mass) and it bad for a function of our bodies. Protein is very important for all people in the world, men and women, adults, and children. It is not only good for Bodybuilders and Athletes but for people that have training in the gym, street workout and any other sport it is recommended to consume a lot more of protein than people that don't train any sport.
Now that we know why protein is so important macronutrient for our body and our muscles I will make a list of Food that is Highest in Protein and that we need to eat to build lean muscles and be stronger:
Chicken and Turkey Breasts
I will start with meat because meat is highest in protein calories. Lean Chicken and Turkey meat contain about 30 grams in 100 grams of meat. You can eat about 150 grams for one meal and you will consume about 45 grams of Protein for one meal. Very easy, isn’t it?
Lean Beef and Veal
As I said, meat is highest in protein and beside Turkey and Chicken meat Beef is also very high and even higher in protein calories than Chicken breasts. Beef contains 36 grams of protein in 100 grams. It contains more fat than Chicken and Turkey so try to eat only Lean Beef or Veal that are lower in fat. Don’t be very much afraid; though, you won’t die if you eat about 100 grams of beef. Red meat is not dangerous, those are just myths. Men need to eat more red meat and fats for raising of testosterone levels.
Now when I said a lot about meat products and protein calories in it I will now mention other high protein foods and their protein calories:
Fish (Tuna, Salmon)
- 20 grams of Protein in 100 grams
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Above 32 grams of Protein in 100 grams
- - Mozzarella provide most proteins per calorie
Eggs (Egg Whites)
- - 1 whole Egg provides 6 grams of Protein
- - Egg Whites are very lower in fats than Yolks
Nuts and Seeds (Peanuts, Pumpkin Seeds)
- Provides 30 grams of Protein in portion of 100 grams
- - Contains good fats
- - Great for snacks
Yogurt and Milk
- - Provides about 7 grams of Protein per cup
- - Greek Yogurt contain a lot of protein calories and it is low in fat
- - 18 grams of Protein in portion of 100 grams
Also Quinoa and Tofu.